Category:Story of Seasons
From Harvest Moon | Rune Factory Wiki
|Story of Seasons|
|Translation:||Harvest Moon: Connect to a New World|
|Release Dates:|| : 17th February, 2014|
: 31st March, 2015
| Buy Story of Seasons at Amazon.com
This game takes place in Oak Tree Town after guild master Veronica put up fliers for a new farmer. You have been chosen as the town's new farmer and it's up to you to take the town from a small dot on the map to a bustling economic center.
Features and Innovations
- Streamlined Farming System: Crops are now grown in sets of 9; they are watered and harvested this way. This method is much faster than previous installments!
- Public Fields and Conquests: Grab your tools and get ready to fight! In this installment you must challenge the other farmers for rights to use the public fields for your own crops.
- Trading Depot: Somewhat similar to the Bazaar in Grand Bazaar, the Trading Depot is the busiest place of town. There are a total of 7 vendors that will come to your town, but 6 of them must first be unlocked. Each vendor sells different things from the rest, so be sure to unlock them all!
- The Safari: In Fall of year 1 you can unlock the Safari, which is a beautiful little place outside the main map of the game. You can either go there on your own horse, pay Veronica 100 g to go by yourself or take your animals to relieve their stress. The Safari is also the location of the only mining point in game; the mechanics of which are very similar to A New Beginning.
- Swimming: You can now swim in certain rivers and dive to pick up fish and other items. A great alternative until you get your fishing rod!
- Fashion Contests: Don your best clothes, because the Fashion Fiesta is coming! This festival happens twice a year, and if you win, not only do you get a cool prize, but your rank in clothing goes up, which means you make more money off of shipping clothes!
Overall, the reception of Story of Seasons has been surprisingly popular in the west. Here are some positive and negative things said about the games:
- "Story of Seasons is a must-have for anyone into the Harvest Moon series or simulation and resource management games in general." -The Escapist, 4.5/5
- "For fans of games like Harvest Moon, spending some time on the farm is an entertaining getaway from the world of high-octane blockbusters. Unfortunately, the pastoral scenes feel too similar and mechanical day after day." -Game Informer, 7.5/10
- "Story of Seasons is a wildly addictive, bizarrely rewarding adventure constrained by tight restrictions that only loosen after a significant time investment. The early pacing problems do well to bolster the sense of progression later in the game, and while the restrictive stamina system tempers the fun early on, the eventual payoff for all your hard work is enhanced by the early days spent toiling in the fields." -Gamespot, 7/10
- "Story of Seasons is a very run of the mill farming sim. It doesn't elevate the genre and it is a very long and tedious endeavour. It does have an unbelievable amount of options and fans of the genre that don't look for much will most likely be satisfied." -Cubed3, 5/10
- In place of Natsume translating this game for North America is XSEED. Since Natsume owns the title "Harvest Moon", XSEED were unable to use this title and instead called it "Story of Seasons".